Sunday, December 18, 2011

BLOG: RECCE RIDE OF 2012 TÉNÉRÉ TRAGICS COURSE IN THE CAN

I’ve just returned from a massive week in the saddle recce riding the course for our next TENERE TRAGICS Mountain to Mountain Run in the first week of March – and if I do say so myself, it’s shaping up to be pretty darn good!
I was super-lucky with the weather and managed to stay clear of the rains that have lashed much of NSW for the past couple of weeks – except for day one when some gnarly thunderstorms smashed the Blue Mountains as I made my way into Oberon after a long day’s loop from Bathurst – so I can certainly recommend the waterproofing on Klim’s Goretex gear!
As has been the case in recent months, the overwhelming memory from riding nearly the entire course is just how green large parts of NSW are at the moment – some of the views along the way of the rolling green countryside are just beautiful. I really hope it stays that way – although deep down I know summer has to kick in sooner or later and the temperatures will warm up and some of the green colour will start to dry off.
While I’ve been away a couple more riders have signed on for the 2012 Tenere Tragics ride, bringing the tally of participants to just over 60, meaning we've still got ten spaces left to fill. Those spots look set to be filled over coming weeks, so come March 4 we should have have a full pack of 75 thundering Teneres and Super Teneres as we descend on Mount Panorama at Bathurst for a mighty week of Tenere action!
If you want to get in on the action, email us at teneretragics@trailzone.com.au and request a Registration pack and then sign up and get into it.
-- Clubby, Ténéré Tragic #1

No comments:

Post a Comment