Thursday, February 3, 2011

TÉNÉRÉ TRAGICS TRAIL MAIL:

MY NAME IS THEO & I AM A TÉNÉRÉ TRAGIC

Hi Clubby: I am one of the lucky ones joining you on the Ténéré Tragics ride. Just thought I would drop you a line and ask a couple of questions about getting there and other stuff. You said in one of the Bulletins that there are a number of people coming from all different set-off points, but I'm not sure about Sydney. I am based in Sydney and at this point unless I manage to get in touch with others leaving from here as a base, I am getting there on my own. Do you know if there is a group leaving from here and heading out ?
I am not sure how long to allow to get to the first meet-up point out there either, as I am very new to adventure riding. Most of my riding was on trail bikes in single-track type places with very little road miles to get anywhere. But I am really looking forward to the new experiences I am going to come by on this ride! Especially the sleeping out and stuff. Anyway, I'm raving on, so will look forward to any help and advice you can give me.
I have attached a photo of me and the bike. It's new (1,000km new) as I send this email and I'm still trying to get used to the size and weight of the thing. And the handling too! It's great on the road, though.
I was going to come on a '96 Ténéré but thought better of it as I wanted to be sure I had no issues on the ride, so I bought the new XT660Z. I love it so far! Would you be able to let me know my number also?
Thanks in anticipation and regards,
-- Theo, Ténéré Tragic #28

Thanks for your email, Theo, that's really good stuff! So many Ténéré Tragics have asked about a ride with me to the Getting There Ride at Hillston in central NSW. So I am aright now planning that Sydney riders can get together and play follow-the-leader on the Tuesday and we can do a cross-country run to Hillston -- so from Sydney that will be a 700km day all up. You will be welcome to join. Pack light and carry heaps of water in your Camelbak, its gonna be hot!
Okay, mate I gotta go, more miles to do today on our new XT1200Z Super Tenere!
-- Clubby, Ténéré Tragic #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment